The building at 1660-1664 Grove Street in San Francisco's "outer lands" now known as "western addition" was built in 1904. Early residents included an agent and salesman in 1660; a stableman, railroad man, and grocer in 1662; and, in 1664, the Altman family included a painter, a printer, and a grocer. In May, 1948 the building was purchased by Pedro and Prisca Villa, who occupied the middle flat. In 1979 the property transferred to their son Carlos P. Villa (a painter and teacher at the San Francisco Art Institute) and his wife Esther Popescu Villa, best landlord ever! This blog chronicles the end of bohemian life in San Francisco as we knew it. The tech-industry boom of the late 1990's drove rents up and most of the interesting people who inhabited the city out. They call it gentrification. White flight. Enjoy!